Posted by: monsonmadness | July 18, 2012

Decision time

I have been asked to serve on the Board of Directors for Ta’iala Academy, the school that my children attended last year, and where I taught.

On one hand, I feel like my plate is full with home schooling, serving in Primary, and having a husband who is gone a lot for Bishopric things. On the other hand, I don’t want to regret anything from my time here, and I want to make a difference and help the Samoan people, and believe me, they need A LOT of help.

I keep listing all of the pros and cons and I am always stumped. I wish it were an easier decision for me. For the last month I have been going backwards and forwards in my mind about what to do. The board meeting is in two hours, and I still haven’t decided.

Any last minute advice?



  1. I’m reading this in line at walmart and by now you’ve made your decision. My input would have been to go for it because if after a while it is not working out you can resign…

  2. That’s a tough one. It’s hard to take on more when you have so much on your plate already, but I’m sure it’s hard to turn down an opportunity to help them like this is. No advice here, just wanted to say good luck deciding!!

  3. How many meetings a month is it? I would look at the time commitment they would need and see if there were any flexibility with primary and bishopric. Other than that, I wish you luck in deciding. It sounds like a great opportunity.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: